NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Prince Harry and Prince William shocked the world when they reunited with their wives for the first time since 2020.
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince William and Kate Middleton, sometimes referred to as the “Fab Four,” headed out on 10/11 to see the floral tributes Queen Elizabeth II received after her death on 8/11 .
However, the special occasion was overshadowed by reports Prince Harry and Markle have postponed their reunion.
“Yes, of course they were an hour late because Prince William was told by his father, now King Charles, to extend the invitation because they found out that Meghan Markle was using her US PR firm as an ‘alternative’ Tour booked what was on the way. So it was a last minute invitation to avert that, she broke protocol (once again),” royal observer Hilary Fordwich told Fox News Digital.
A rep for Markle had no comment when reached by Fox News Digital.
Fordwich explained that Prince Harry and Markle probably had to “crawl” to be ready for the public moment, and while she couldn’t confirm it, she did note that the Duchess of Sussex usually has her hair and makeup team on hand hand has.
“It was a last minute invitation, so yes, they had to scramble to get ready, they weren’t in mourning.”
“The Prince of Wales’ olive branch led to a 45-minute negotiation before the ‘Fab Four’ were reunited… Prince William was also quite dismayed by some of the coverage that focused on Harry and Meghan’s movements on the day Queen Elizabeth II died and not the extent of the grief,” Fordwich added. “So he decided to get in touch with Harry and Meghan.”
The 45-minute hearing was likely due to Prince Harry’s request for reasonable security. The Duke of Sussex is currently in a legal battle with the UK government as he fights for security following his decision to step down from his senior role as king.
“If we see any more from Harry and Meghan in the next few days, apart from Monday’s service, we won’t know anything about the performance until the very last minute,” royal expert Kinsey Schofield told Fox News Digital.
“This is how they are operating while Prince Harry is currently in a legal battle with the Government over his safety in the UK and I understand the ‘negotiations’ that took place ahead of their joint appearance on Saturday were safety related. Harry is still scared for the safety of his family but I believe we will see more of them.”
Royal author Christopher Andersen, who wrote “Brothers and Wives: Inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan,” noted to Fox News Digital that the death of Queen Elizabeth II likely brought Prince William and Prince Harry together , while honoring her .
“William and Harry have come together for this one moment in history to honor the grandmother they both loved, just as they came together briefly last year for the funeral of Prince Philip and the unveiling of the Kensington Palace statue honoring her mother.” , he said. “But it remains to be seen if they will return to their separate corners after the funeral.”
The royal author also spoke to Fox News Digital about Prince William’s title change and how it could affect his relationship with Prince Harry.
“Harry knew this moment was coming,” Andersen said. “That’s why he and Meghan went into business for themselves, to build a life away from the allure of the monarchy.”
“As much as Harry loves his brother, he’s always fought in William’s shadow to some degree,” he added. “Harry is delighted that William and Kate are so willing and ready to take on the heavy burden of being the Prince and Princess of Wales. But if the Sussexes felt eclipsed by the Cambridges, one can only imagine how they feel now.”
Andersen stressed that the royal family was “on their best behavior” to avoid embarrassing the family name following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
“William and Harry laughed and joked pretty much every time they got together. That playful brotherly banter that was the hallmark of their relationship isn’t very pronounced now,” he told Fox News Digital. “They’re polite enough to each other, but that’s about it.
King Charles III appeared to offer Prince Harry his own olive branch by mentioning his son and Markle in his first speech after ascending the throne. However, it is unclear whether further steps will be taken to improve the relationship between father and son.
“Charles gave Harry and Meghan an olive branch by mentioning them in his accession speech, but it’s hard to imagine much of that coming,” Andersen said. “The palace is holding its collective breath waiting to see what new bombshells are included in Harry’s forthcoming disclosure memoir.”
Harry announced that he was writing one all-encompassing memoirs in 2021 and is said not to have informed Charles before the news broke.
“I am not writing this as the prince I was born to be, but as the man I have become. I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is to share my story — the ups and downs, the mistakes, the lessons learned — I can help show that we , no matter where we come from, have more in common than we think,” he said in a press release at the time.
“I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I have learned throughout my life and look forward to people reading a firsthand account of my life that is accurate and absolutely truthful.”