Well, something like that tick tock that went viral because it revealed what can happen if you Sleep with the bedroom door closedLauren’s video sends shivers down the spines of parents around the world.
“I practically grew up in a funeral hometownand as many funeral homes will say, child deaths are the most devastating we have ever had to deal with,” explained Lauren.
“When you become a parent, you find yourself extra protective of your children because you know what can happen in the blink of an eye.”
Everything with cord
toys with magnets
The American Academy of Pediatrics supports Lauren’s warnings. According to his website water-absorbing gel beads can grow to 200 times their size when they hit water, causing dangerous blockages that X-rays may not detect if swallowed or placed in the ears.
toys with loose cords, ropes, ribbons or cords — especially when the strings measure over 12 inches, such as on pull toys or skipping ropes — can pose a dangerous strangulation hazard to children.
chains for teethingwhich can cause choking or strangulation should never be carried by young children. Instead, parents should massage their children’s gums or give them hard rubber teeth rings that are not frozen.
button batteries – in items such as music cards, toys, remote controls, thermometers, hearing aids, calculators, bathroom scales, key rings, cameras, and Christmas decorations – can cause serious injury or death if swallowed.
trampolines Its use has long been discouraged by the AAP because serious injury can occur even with padding and housing in place.
magnetsif swallowed, tissue can become trapped between them, resulting in potentially fatal injuries.
Fidget spinnerwhether plastic or metal, often contain small parts and/or batteries that may present a choking hazard.
hammockswhether intended for infants or toys, can become entangled around little ones’ necks and cause strangulation.
Lauren isn’t the only TikToker urging parents to remove dangerous toys from their homes. Reese’s purpose went online in 2020 Warn parents about deadly button batteriesand This water pearl lady has been working hard to educate families about this since 2017 Dangers of water pearls.
“I can’t imagine what you saw”
Thousands of TikTokers reacted to Lauren’s PSAs and shared their own scary experiences.
“I’m an ER nurse and I have the saddest history with button batteries. People must keep these away from children and pets! So now,” wrote one user.
“Answering 911 calls all day has made me the same way! So many things can hurt little ones!” said another.
“As a former hospital chaplain…YUP,” agreed one user.
“I can see how valid all of this is. I can’t imagine what you saw 🥺,” said one user.
“This video can save so many lives. Thank you for making us aware of this Babies❤️🩹,” wrote another user.
Parents wondering if their children’s toys are safe or looking for potential Christmas gifts for this holiday season can refer to the Consumer Product Safety Commission website or HealthyChildren.org.
In The Know is now available on Apple News — Follow us here!
The post Undertaker Mom Reveals The Toys She Will Never Allow Her Kids: ‘Call Me The Grinch’ appeared first In the know.
More of Knowledge: