December 6, 2022
Apple introduces Apple Music Sing
Apple Music is expanding its premium lyrics experience with a new feature that makes it easy for fans to sing along to tens of millions of songs
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced Apple Music Sing, an exciting new feature that lets users sing along to their favorite songs with customizable vocals1 and real-time texts. Apple Music Sing offers multiple lyrics views to help fans take the lead, play duets, sing backups, and more—all integrated into Apple Music’s unparalleled lyrics experience. Coupled with an ever-growing catalog that includes tens of millions of the world’s most singable songs, Apple Music Sing makes it fun and easy for everyone to participate however and wherever they choose.
Apple Music Sing will be available to Apple Music subscribers worldwide later this month and can be enjoyed on iPhone, iPad and the new Apple TV 4K.
“The Apple Music lyrics experience is consistently one of the most popular features of our service,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats. “We already know that our users around the world love to follow their favorite songs, so we wanted to take this offering even further to enable even more engagement with music through singing. It’s really good fun, our customers will love it.”
Apple Music Sing includes:
- Adjustable vocals: Users now have control over a song’s vocal levels. You can sing along with the original artist’s vocals, take the lead, or mix millions of songs in the Apple Music catalog.
- Lyrics in real time: Users can sing along to their favorite songs with animated lyrics that dance to the rhythm of the singing.
- backing vocals: Simultaneously sung vocal lines can be animated independently of the main vocal to make it easier for users to follow.
- duet view: Multiple singers are displayed on opposite sides of the screen to make duets or tracks with multiple singers easy sing-alongs.
Apple Music will also launch a suite of more than 50 dedicated companion playlists featuring all the epic songs, duets, choruses and anthems that make people sing around the world – fully optimized for the Apple Music Sing experience.
- Apple Music Sing will be available to Apple Music subscribers worldwide later this month.2
- Apple Music Sing will be available on all compatible iPhone and iPad models, as well as the new Apple TV 4K.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple is the world leader in innovation with the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS – offer seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with groundbreaking services like the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are committed to making the best products in the world and leaving the world better than we found it.
About Apple Music
Apple loves music. Apple revolutionized the music experience with iPod and iTunes. Today, award-winning Apple Music celebrates musicians, songwriters, producers and fans with a catalog of over 100 million songs, expertly curated playlists and the best artist interviews, talks and world premieres with Apple Music Radio. Featuring original content from the most respected and loved people in music, Autoplay, time-synced lyrics, lossless audio and immersive sound powered by Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos, Apple Music delivers the world’s best listening experience, helping listeners discover new music and enjoy theirs favorites while strengthening the global artist community. Apple Music is available in over 165 countries and regions on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod mini, CarPlay and online at music.apple.com, as well as popular smart speakers, smart TVs, and Android and Windows devices. Apple Music is ad-free and never shares consumer data with third parties. For more information, see apple.com/apple-music.
- The Vocal slider adjusts vocal volume but does not remove vocals completely.
- The feature is not available to Apple Music Voice Plan subscribers.
Apple Media Helpline