A number of innovative new Apple accessories were released this year, and I’ve had the opportunity to put over 40 of them through their paces. From products for iPhone, iPad, Mac and more, here are my 8 favorite Apple accessories of 2022.
I have personally tested everything on the list below and found them to be consistently useful and durable – especially after the novelty of a new accessory wears off.
My 8 favorite Apple accessories of 2022
Even with great products, I usually have a few constructive criticisms, but that’s not the case here. After a year of use I still can’t think of a way to improve the 3 in 1 travel charger, mophie really knocked it out of the park.
It seamlessly charges iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods with official MagSafe 15W output for iPhone. It’s got a premium, portable design, a thoughtful travel case, and everything you need is included – if you look at Apple MagSafe Duo – making it the quintessential travel charger for Apple users.
With a sleek design that offers great form and function, I think the Moft Flash will be a hit with almost anyone who enjoys using a MagSafe wallet with their iPhone. It has become my favorite with an intelligent blend of form and function.
- Super slim bi-fold design
- MagSafe connectivity with built-in kickstand
- Easily access cards or show ID/Use NFC
- The durability has been good over the three months I’ve been using this
- Great price at $34.99
Read all about Motflash in my full review.
This has become my favorite home charger for my iPhone and Apple Watch. I envision it as a nice, compact sculpture that just so happens to power your iPhone and Apple Watch. It looks great in any room you place it in.
- Official MFi-certified MagSafe with 15W fast wireless charging for iPhone
- Built-in Apple Watch charger
- All metal and glass design
- Powered via USB-C (6.6ft braided nylon cable included)
- Super solid build weighing 1.98 pounds (900 grams)
- price at $149.99
The only downside here is that you have to provide or buy your own 30W power adapter. But if you’re looking for a premium MagSafe charger for your home, this is it.
You can pick up the Nomad Base One Max directly from Nomad in three available colors.
Read more in my full review.
Twelve South launched another great product late in the year and expanded their HoverBar range. The new HoverBar Tower comes with a sturdy base so you can safely levitate your iPad almost anywhere and at any angle you want.
- Offers hands-free function for the iPad mini up to the 12.9″ iPad Pro (also iPhones)
- You can reach almost every corner with it
- Solid processing quality with a secure hold for the iPad
- The price is $129.95
Here’s mine full review for more details and pictures.
Moft’s design here is the smartest I’ve seen for an iPad folio that offers multiple stand options. Most interesting is an elevated stand mode that makes your iPad almost 4″ tall.
- Four iPad stands in one super lightweight folio
- Soft and durable vegan leather finish
- Valuable for traveling or at home/in the office
- price at $39.99 (ipad mini) $59.99 (iPad Pro 11″ and iPad Air), $69.99 (iPad Pro 12.9″)
Whether you just need a little extra storage with a smaller capacity or the JetDrive with a maximum of 1 TB, this MacBook Pro flush SD card is a super handy accessory.
From the ultra-convenient form factor to dust, water and shock resistance, plus a generous 5-year warranty, it’s easy to recommend the JetDrive Lite 330 as long as you’re happy with its speeds of 75-95MB/s.
- The half-size SD card fits perfectly flush into the MacBook Pro
- Capacities from 128GB to 1TB
- Dust, water and shock resistant
- 95 MB/s writing and 75 MB/s reading speed
- 5 year guarantee
- Price: Usually $38-$190
Check out more my full review.
Insta360 has made the leap into webcams this year and the Link 4K is an impressive piece of hardware. If you want a dedicated high-resolution webcam with useful features beyond what the iPhone can do with the Continuity Camera in macOS Ventura, Link is worth the price.
- Super sharp 4K resolution
- 3 axis gimbal
- Superior automatic AI tracking
- Portrait, DeskView, Overhead and Whiteboard modes
- Fine-grain image and camera controls
- Compact design with convenient clip or threaded mounting options
- A step above Apple’s Continuity Camera
- USB-C connectivity
- Price: Usually from $299
Here is my full review for a deep insight.
Nomad’s simple and smart design is a delight here with the hand feel and added AirTag support.
If you have an Apple TV with the 2nd generation Siri Remote, I don’t recommend it leather cover higher. As something you use frequently, the leather case offers a 10/10 experience if you use it daily and makes it easy to find again if you – or someone else – lost it.
You can pick up the leather case directly from Nomad and see more of my thoughts on this in my full review.
Favorite Apple Accessories – What do you think?
Have you used any of the above accessories? Or do you have something you love that wasn’t on the list? Share your thoughts in the comments 🤓.
Thanks for checking out my favorite Apple accessories!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. Sea.